Sermorelin acetate is a 29-amino acid polypeptide (GRF 1-29 NH 2 ) that corresponds to the amino-terminal segment of the naturally occurring human growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH or GRF) consisting of 44 amino acid residues. It is a peptide analogue of GHRH which is used for the purpose of diagnosing hormone deficiency.
Molecular formula – C149H246N44O42S
Molecular weight – 3357.9
- Sermorelin (INN)
- GHRH (1-29) Sermorelin acetate
- Geref (Trade Name)
Sermorelin was initially developed withing the United States during 1970-80s as a diagnostic tool for GH deciency. Later in 1997 it was approved for use in the treatment of childhood hormone deficiency. (1)
Sermorelin or GHRH was also tested in other clinical trials, for example, muscle wasting in elderly people with GH insufficiency, lipodystrophy in HIV-infected patients, and impaired cognition in elderly subjects.(2)
Mechanism of Action:
Sermorelin tends to mimic the activity of endogenous growth hormone-releasing hormone. It tends to bind with the GHRH receptor, which stimulates the release of growth hormone from the pituitary gland’s gonadotropes.
It specifically combines with the HGH producing and releasing cells. After binding, it initiates the action of hormone release as a natural release.
Clinical applications of Sermorelin:
1. Treatment approach for adult-onset growth hormone insufficiency:
Sermorelin is considered as one of the best approaches for treating adult-onset growth hormone insufficiency. In this disorder, the body tends to suffer growth hormone deficiency with aging.
Why Sermorelin was tested to treat the disorder:
- It stimulates gene transcription of HGH mRNA in the pituitary. So it increases the pituitary reserve and preserves more GH-neuroendocrine axis, which tends to fail with aging.
- Sermorelin helps in pituitary recrudescence which slows the hypophyseal hormone failure cascade. Thus, it preserves the anatomy and physiology of the body.
2. Treatment of recurrent gliomas:
According to a research study, patients with recurrent gliomas are sensitive to intervention with sermorelin. Further research shows that sermorelin helps in inhibiting the proliferation of tumor cells by blocking their cell cycle.
Furthermore, sermorelin can also have a connection with the immune system. It tends to regulate the M0 macrophages and immune checkpoints negatively.
3. Cardiovascular health:
Studies suggest that sermorelin can promote the survival of cardiac myocytes through signaling and protection mechanisms against I/R injury. This study was an animal-experimented study that is equally capable in humans.
The information provided about the peptide Sermorelin in this section is only for the purpose of research advancement and disbursement of knowledge. It is particularly meant for researchers and experts who plan to either Sermorelin peptide for investigative purposes or would like to increase their knowledge. The material collected in this article is meant for informational purposes and is not to be considered instructional in any way. Moreover, we have further empathized with this by making sure no dosage information of Sermorelin peptides or recommendations about its way of consumption are mentioned. The information available in this article is a collection from different recognized studies and researches conducted by known experts and researchers in controlled medical facilities and institutions. Furthermore, the information provided in the article is not to encourage the reader to start its consumption or as an advertisement of the product. Administering any supplement or medication not FDA approved may be harmful and may cause serious illness. Peptide Pros insist that none of their products be ingested under any circumstances.
- Ishida J, Saitoh M, Ebner N, Springer J, Anker SD, von Haehling S. Growth hormone secretagogues: history, mechanism of action, and clinical development. JCSM Rapid Communications. 2020 Jan;3(1):25-37.
- Walker RF. Sermorelin: a better approach to management of adult-onset growth hormone insufficiency?. Clinical interventions in aging. 2006 Dec;1(4):307.
- FARER LJ. Sermorelin─ a Superior Approach to Growth Hormone Restoration.
- Sermorelin CP. Sermorelin increases IGF-1 level, improves body composition in HIV?. Inpharma. 2004 Jul;1447:24.
- Gianturco SL, Pavlech LL, Storm KD, Yoon S, Yuen MV, Mattingly AN. Sermorelin acetate: Summary Report.
- Hertoghe T. A holistic approach to growth hormone therapy using sublingual sermorelin.
Where to buy Sermorelin (GHRP)?
If you’re looking to buy Sermorelin and BLENDS for research purposes, shop at Peptide Pros, the most reliable supplier of the highest quality USA peptides for sale online: https://www.peptidepros.net/product/sermorelin-2mg/
Sermorelin and GHRP-2 BLEND (2mg each = 4mg total)
Sermorelin and GHRP-6 BLEND (2mg each = 4mg total) https://www.peptidepros.net/product/sermorelin-and-ghrp-6-blend-2mg-each-4mg-total/
Sermorelin, GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 BLEND (2mg each = 6mg)https://www.peptidepros.net/product/sermorelin-ghrp-2-and-ghrp-6-blend-2mg-each-6mg/