- Molecular formula – C26H28ClNO
- Molecular mass – 405.96/mol
- Type – Small molecule
- Groups – Approved, Investigational
- Clomiphene Citrate
Clomiphene citrate, commonly known as Clomid, was discovered in the late 1950s and was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for medical use in 1967. Clomiphene is a medication commonly used as a fertility treatment for women who have difficulty getting pregnant. Since its discovery and approval, Clomiphene has become one of the most widely prescribed fertility treatments for women.
Mechanism of action:
Clomiphene Citrate is a medication that is used to treat infertility in women. The mechanism of action of clomiphene is related to its ability to alter the levels of hormones that regulate ovulation. Clomifene has a unique combination of estrogenic and anti-estrogenic properties that scientists have not yet been able to explain fully. This medication helps stimulate the release of hormones FSH and LH, which are important for ovarian follicle development, ovulation and proper function of the corpus luteum – all key elements in achieving pregnancy.
Clinical Applications of Clomiphene
Clomiphene citrate, also known as Clomid, is a medication commonly used to treat infertility in women. Here are four clinical uses of clomiphene:
- Ovulation induction: Clomiphene works by blocking the effects of estrogen in the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, which results in the release of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) from the pituitary gland. This increase in GnRH and FSH stimulates the ovaries to produce and release an egg.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) treatment: Clomiphene is often used to treat women with PCOS who are not ovulating regularly. By stimulating ovulation, clomiphene can help women with PCOS to become pregnant.
- Luteal phase defect treatment: Clomiphene Citrate can also be used to treat a luteal phase defect, which is a shortening of the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle. This can cause infertility, and clomiphene can help extend the luteal phase and improve the chances of pregnancy.
- Male infertility treatment: Clomiphene can also be used to treat male infertility in some cases, particularly in men with low sperm count or low testosterone levels. By blocking the effects of estrogen, clomiphene can increase testosterone levels and improve sperm production, leading to improved fertility.
The information provided about Clomiphene in this section is only for research advancement and disbursement of knowledge. The material collected in this article is meant for informational purposes about Clomiphene citrate. It is not to be considered instructional in any way. Moreover, we have further empathized with this by making sure no dosage information of Clomiphene citrate or recommendations about its way of consumption is mentioned. The information available in this article is a collection from different recognized studies and researches conducted by known experts and researchers in controlled medical facilities and institutions. Furthermore, the information provided in the article is not to encourage the reader to start its consumption or as an advertisement of the product. Administering any supplement or medication not FDA approved may be harmful and may cause serious illness. Peptide Pros insist that none of their products be ingested under any circumstances.
- Clomiphene |go.drugbank|https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB00882
- Clomiphene |Wikipedia|https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clomifene
- Sovino, H., Sir-Petermann, T., & Devoto, L. (2002). Clomiphene citrate and ovulation induction. Reproductive biomedicine online, 4(3), 303-310.
- Clomiphene |Clinicaltrials|https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00501839
- Cook, C. L., Schroeder, J. A., Yussman, M. A., & Sanfilippo, J. S. (1984). Induction of luteal phase defect with clomiphene citrate. American journal of obstetrics and gynecology, 149(6), 613-616.
- Willets, A. E., Corbo, J. M., & Brown, J. N. (2013). Clomiphene for the treatment of male infertility. Reproductive Sciences, 20, 739-744.
Where to find Clomiphene for sale?
If you’re looking to buy Clomiphene for research purposes, shop at Peptide Pros, the most reliable supplier of the highest quality SARMS and USA peptides for sale: https://www.peptidepros.net/product/clomiphene-40mg-per-ml-30ml-bottle/